BE PART OF OUR GROWING TEAM!
Are you unique? We are looking for passionate, innovative, hard-working creatives to join our small team. Our family-like environment is located in downtown Los Angeles where we encourage creative-thinking, getting your hands dirty and the occasional 1990s dance break. We work really hard because we love what we do.
VENUE SPECIALIST + Events Manager
The Venue Specialist + Events Manager is responsible for managing the overall operations of The Unique Space including the venue rental business. The Events Manager is also responsible for growing event revenue and fostering the Unique community.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain and build client relationships, as well as manage all venue rental inquiries and venue walk-throughs.
- Maintain operations and administrative manuals, which includes rental budgets, quarterly analysis, and event license agreements / contracts.
- Create incentives to increase sales, service and satisfaction as needed.
- Organize and maintain master events timeline and master database of both client and media contacts.
- Contract negotiation and completion.
- Plan and execute all venue specific logistic elements for events, which includes coordinating site-representatives and The Unique Space vendors for events.
- Build and maintain supplier and vendor relationships and analyze event performances.
- Conceptualize and execute Thank You cards / client gifts for post-event follow up and Holiday cards.
- Manage event assistants, the property manager and vendors.
- Be the main point of contact for on site for events as needed, which may include some weekends.
KEY COMPETENCIES + SKILLS:
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Must have 2 years + experience with marketing and sales.
- Must exhibit excellent organizational, listening, time management, and troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Self-starter, creative thinker with personal sense of ownership.
- Experience writing professional correspondence, communications, solicitations, and email required.
- Must be proficient in Google Docs and Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word. Photoshop / Adobe Illustrator a plus.
- Ability to proofread, edit, transfer and post content online.
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS:
This is a full time, junior to mid level position, salaried role + commission. Compensation is dependent on experience. Lots of work environment perks plus health insurance coverage, flexible vacation policy, and exposure to a vast network of creatives and companies.
The Unique Space is looking for a part-time Property Manager to be the main representative of The Unique Space Community! This is a rare opportunity for a freelancer, creative, or small business owner with a flexible schedule to gain access to an amazing network of agencies and businesses and work out of your own private office in the Los Angeles Arts District. We need a problem solver and relationship-builder with expert communications skills to work approximately 8-12 hours per week to handle day-to-day building operations, tenant relations, office leasing, and maintaining the unique style and appearance of the TUS environment.
Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Work out of The Unique Space at least 2 hours each day M-F to open the building and be available to respond to tenant questions in person (the ideal candidate will work onsite out of the office full time or near full time)
- Be the main point of contact for The Unique Space tenants and be available to respond to tenant questions via text or email during business hours and occasionally outside business hours if there is an emergency
- Keep tenant lists up to date
- Conduct new tenant orientation
- Email tenants each week to inform them about building related issues
- Manage and track all keys, key fobs and gate clickers
- Manage the electronic gates including the intercom system
- Field any building related questions from tenants (alarm system, tenant access, etc)
- Manage all The Unique Space building vendors including but not limited to locksmith, contractor, cleaners, handyman, waste management etc
- Inventory and order building supplies in a timely manner
- Survey the building each day for maintenance issues and do minor upkeep or schedule repairs as needed
- Must be willing to respond to building related issues as needed including outside of regular business hours
- Market open offices on The Unique Space website, Craigslist, and other classified listing sites
- Schedule and conduct walkthroughs with potential new tenants
- Screen office applicants and draft leases
- Organize a quarterly community event
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS:
In lieu of monetary compensation, you will be given one of our most coveted first floor private offices to use for your own business, a dedicated parking spot, all internet and utilities valued at $1800 per month. View photos of the office here. You will also be eligible for health coverage (at an additional cost) through the Unique Space health plan. This role has a minimum one year commitment.