The overall purpose of this workshop is to feel confident practicing Modern Brush Lettering at home using all the information and tools given.
During this 2 hour workshop, you will not only learn the basics of modern brush lettering, but the following topics will also be covered:
- Ways to hold your brush pen
- Differing pressure levels
- Differences between brush pens
- Common practice drills
- What is fauxcalligraphy?
- Connecting letters
- Guidance on achieving bouncy lettering
- Guidance on achieving different styles
As a class, we will be able to practice a few uppercase and lowercase letters by breaking down the connections of each letter in a word. Also, we will review frequently asked questions throughout the workshop together!
This workshop includes all the materials needed to get started, including:
- Brush Pen
- Resource Guide: (includes- Alphabet Sheet Guide, Outline of the basics, practice sheets for both uppercase & lowercase letters, tips and techniques)
- Lettering Paper
- Personalized Name Tag & Print
This workshop is all about being positive and having fun while learning the beauty of Modern Brush Lettering! I have tailored this workshop for you all to not only learn a new hobby, but to also discover your own creative side!
*This workshop requires no prior experience in calligraphy or lettering. Let's all just use this time to relax, learn, and letter with good company!*