Ax+Apple's Founder Jamie Lyn is a local LA-based jeweler and all-around small business rockstar who grew her Instagram account to almost 23k followers! She'll be teaching this workshop to a limited number of students who will each walk away with their very own piece!
In this workshop you will learn simple techniques for jewelry making that you can use at home! Basic jewelry construction techniques including:
1) chain construction using jump ring connection
2) beading using flex wire and crimp beads
3) curving metal using a doming block
4) oxidizing metal
5) simple drilling and finishing techniques using a Dremel
Workshop fee includes:
- Two pairs of flat-nosed pliers essential in jump ring construction that you take home for your own kit!
- Crimping pliers for crimp bead closure that you take home for your own kit!
- Chain/ findings hand-picked from Jamie to make a one of a kind creation!
- Everyone leaves with your own hand-crafted piece!
- Mingling and meeting other local creatives.
- And the opportunity to meet and ask Jamie how she started her jewelry business!
- Feel free to bring components you have been wanting to make something out of. Your grandma's old buttons, that souvenir coin from that one awesome summer, you get the picture.
Please note: Tickets are available for purchase until Thursday April 16th to allow time to buy materials for the class.