In this workshop, you’ll dive into entrepreneurial case studies from successful launches in media — from gaming to podcasting. You’ll learn how to create the framework for how to structure a 30-day launch plan for your business/startup media project. You’ll also find out how to define goal-oriented milestones to help create and evaluate your idea no matter how early you are in the process.
- Learn to treat your idea like you would any startup: create a minimum valuable product, build a plan to empower your alpha community, and set yourself up to acquire users/customers/emails.
- Define the micro-audience for your idea, building a content creation plan and editorial calendar while prioritizing an outreach action plan to find the first 1,000 fans/users.
- Create goal-oriented milestones for a 30-day launch, creating a systematic launch framework, testing your idea with your early community, and identifying key partners, advisors, and advocates for longer-term relationships.
- Choose a launch date, working backwards to prioritize launch goals: Marketing, Funding, Business development, and Building/creating.
Prereqs & Preparation
- One or two ideas for a startup, business, or media project would be helpful, but is not required.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP LEADER
Ryan Williams is an entrepreneur, writer, consultant, and former stand-up comedian. He also hosts and produces a weekly Podcast called “The Influencer Economy”, where he speaks with expert entrepreneurs who have launched revolutionary ideas. Ryan has been a pioneer in the social media industry and has executed groundbreaking social media marketing campaigns for clients including Disney, Microsoft, Activision, and Warner Bros. He has been an early team member at venture-backed startups such as DigiSynd (Disney), Machinima, and State. Ryan received his B.A. in Human and Organizational Development from Vanderbilt University.